Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday Fill-ins

1. Birthdays are ______.

Birthdays are a time for my family to spoil me (at least they are supposed to be).


2. ____ is my favorite season because ______.

Spring is my favorite season because I can plant my garden and the days become longer.


3. I feel my best when _________.

I feel my best when I am with friends and family, talking and laughing.


4. ______ is my favorite food!


Food is my favorite food! I enjoy all kinds of food. I love restaurants that use fresh seasonal food. I also love restaurants that make food in new and interesting ways. But I am not always a food snob and I love my share of fried and junk food too. My favorite Junk food would be Chili Cheese Fries.


5. First impressions are _______.


First impressions are sometime surprisingly accurate and sometimes not even close. That is why I can't trust them.


6. The best piece of advice I ever received was ___________.

The best piece of advice I ever received was to stop wearing those big floppy bows that business women wore in the eighties with their business suits. I know you know what I am talking about.



7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to _____, tomorrow my plans include _____ and Sunday, I want to _____!


And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to picking up my sons from camp (I can't believe they made it a whole week), tomorrow my plans include mountains of laundry and a go to my nephew's graduation party (he is now a paramedic), and Sunday, I want to relax and enjoy my family, but what I will do is attend a memorial service for my brother-in-law's father (my niece's grandfather). I have known Walter since I was a little girl and while I am glad his life was full and his passing was peaceful, I am still sad.

6 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Yea, why DID we wear those big floppy bows?

Cheri and Jesse said...

Glad you lost the floppy bows as well!!! Yuck!
We will all miss Walter.

Robin said...

Carrie - I thought those bows were to let us look a bit more like a woman when wearing those ugly suits with linebacker padding in the shoulders. It didn't work for me! ;)

Bellezza said...

Goodness sakes, I don't there was any good fashion idea that came from the 80s. I'd say you look pretty darn good in your bow! I remember all the people with Mall Hair, and tri-color eye shadow, and big wide pants pulled in tight around their ankles. It makes me laugh thinking about it, being a classic girl myself.

Janet said...

a peaceful passing is a blessing.

Thanks for playing, hope you enjoy your weekend :-)

Bina said...

Very nice fill-ins.

I've never worn a floppy bow, or any kind of bow really. But, in the 80's, I did wear my jeans tucked in to my socks! LOL