Tuesday, June 10, 2008

10 Ways the World Has Changed Since You’ve Been in School

Last Ten for Tuesday was to list 10 Ways the World Has Changed Since You’ve Been in School. I couldn't think of ten, but I thought of one change - Caller ID-- that has allowed be to have this conversation, over and over.

Me: (Coming home after being gone) Did anybody call?

Boy: (It doesn't matter which boy) No

Me: Did the phone ring at all?

Boy: No

Me: (Scrolling through the CallerID) When Grandma called at 7:00, what did she want?

Boy: She said to call her back when you got home.

Me: Oh, Thank you for giving me the message.

Added:

Another strange occurrence made possible by CallerID.

I scrolled down the numbers and saw that Time and Temperature had called. You know Time and Temperature-- "At the tone the time will be ....." When did they start calling people? Is this some sort of service that I signed up for? You know, please call me every Tuesday at 10:00 am. Or maybe, please call me every time the temperature is exactly 92 degrees.

I of course asked the boys, "When Time and Temperature called, what did they say?" The answer---I dunno.

3 comments:

Kalynne Pudner said...

"Anybody" = A member of my social circle between the ages of 8 and 18.

But translating "ring" to fit the case is rather more difficult.

Bina said...

Really? Time and Temperature called?? I forgot that even existed!

Jules said...

"Time and Temp" called you? How come I never get nifty calls like this. You must have friend in high places, girlfriend.