Saturday, January 31, 2009

The ME Interview

I enjoy blogging because it makes me feel like I can visit with people all over the US and the world. Some of my favorite blogs are from people that have relocated to different countries. I love the descriptions of the people and the food and well everything.

I found Donnie (The Brit) who lives in Brazil from some of my favorite UK bloggers, Mean Mom and MOB and Maggie May. He had posted a ME interview (like a MEME) that looked fun so I finagled an interview from him. (Okay I just asked and he sent me question.) In my mind, I am very important and my fans would love to know more about me... (Just go with it..please?)

Here it goes.

1: What are your biggest interests in life?

Of course there are my children, but that is the expected boring answer. I love to stand up in front of people and talk. Luckily I get a chance to to this when I teach or give Safety Talks. I also love music and singing. The time I get to spend singing at church either in the Praise Band or in Kid's Church gets me through my week.

2: I see that your blog name is "AbFab Geek" I love "Absolutely Fabulous"! So name another favourite British comedy series...

I would have to say my favorite British series would have to be Monty Python (not terribly original I know). I had one of the albums in college that we played over and over and would quote endlessly. I can still remember the first time I saw "The Meaning of Life". (Not the TV show but...) And lest you think all of that energy went to no good, my friends and I rocked the Monty Python portion of a Trivia night to win the competition. The other teams were awed by our knowledge (and probably a bit frightened.)

3: What has been your highest achievement in life?

I would like to say raising my three boys but as they are still works in progress, I would have to say earning my Doctorate Degree in Engineering. Not bad for a girl whose Dad told her she probably would even get through college.

4: Where do you see your life in 10 years time?

In 10 years, the Littlest Geek will be 21. I hope at that time I can claim that raising my sons was my highest achievement. My biggest hope is that I will have had the time and opportunity to see more of the world and to use my engineering to make positive progress in the world. (Too much?)

5: If you could travel through a wormhole through time and space what year would you transport yourself to? what country? and why?

This is tough because I am a big big fan of modern day conveniences. I would live to spend some time out in the old Wild West in the United States. (Can I change genders too, because women had it worse back then?) There is a part of me that wonders would I have the strength of Laura Ingalls Wilder to settle a Homestead and live on the food I have grown.

I really think I would tend to want to travel into the future. I enjoy visiting places where I can meet new people and learn new things. Doesn't everyone what to know what is coming up?

That was fun. Does anyone else have any questions?


If you would like to participate in the ME interview, here are the rules.

1. If you want to be interviewed, leave me a comment that says "Interview me".

2. I will respond by emailing you 5 questions (I get to choose the questions).

3. Update your blog with the answers to the questions and let me know when you have posted it.

4. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When other comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

13 comments:

Kash said...

Eat me. Oh, sorry, I mean, interview me.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Your fans DO want to know more about you! Loved reading this!

Cheri and Jesse said...

I didn't know Grandpa didn't think you wouldn't make it through college! Learn something new everyday. Interview me!

chris said...

Do I have to have a blog to be interviewed?

chris said...

Do I have to have a blog to be interviewed?

Elizabeth said...

Ooo! Ooo! Me! Interview me! Fun!

Catrina said...

Hi Mrs. Geek (From your across-the-parking-lot neighbor)! I've been a silent stalker of your blog for quite some time and have decided to come out of the stalker closet to say "Interview Me!!"

Mean Mom said...

You are important and I do want to know more about you, of course! Youi sound so clever. Sigh.

I don't think that I would like to go back to the Wild West and try to set up a homestead. No doubt I would be assaulted by a gang of marauding cowboys and then John Wayne would have to ride off and avenge my honour.

Does everyone except me undertand that 'create a link' thing, which appears at the bottom of a post? How does it work? I see that my last post is in it, but how?? I'm baffled.

Robin said...

Kash and Cheri - Your questions have been sent to you, let me know if you did not receive them. Remember your fans eagerly await your answers.

Chris, since you are a special case (she's my sister) I will email you questions and post your response on my blog.

Catrina- My First Stalker! Woohoo!

I will get questions to you all as soon as I can. I want to learn more!

Mean Mom - Try googling - how do I create a link within a blog- and see if you get anything helpful. Otherwise I will try to find the help page I used to learn how as soon as I can.

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

Hi Robin!
Great answers! and now I want to know more about you so I hope more people interview you!!
I also love Monty Python, but at the moment I am totally hooked on my Dvd's of the extremely hilarious British BBC series "Little Britain" that my Dad sent to me!
Talk to you soon!
Donnie X

Cheri and Jesse said...

I posted my answers!! I'm thinking of some new ones to ask you too.

Maggie May said...

That was a great interview!
I wondered about the blog name......... I didn't think of that!

Stacy Quarty said...

Hi!
My first time stopping by your blog. From what I see so far, I think I'll be back!
This interviewing technique is a great way to share the spotlight with your fellow bloggers.
So, even though you don't know a single thing about me, I have to say,
"Interview me!"