Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Random Fact about me (or Too Much Information)

This MEME is running rampant on Facebook. What the heck, I like to share random things.
  1. My first memory ever is of deciding to run away from home by riding my Tricycle. I made it a few houses away before I decide to go back home. No one missed me!
  2. The first day of kindergarten, I was so excited and happy that my best friend Joey and I ran all the way to school. Unfortunately a Patrol Boy stopped us and threatened to “Report Us” to the office for running. He let me go when I started to cry.
  3. I was in trouble a lot when I was in kindergarten mostly for not taking a nap. One time Joey and I had to sit on certain squares in the middle of the floor for the entire rest time.
  4. I learned to ride a two wheeler on an old Schwin bike that had been handed down so many times no one knew who was the original owner.
  5. My first new bike was a Green Huffy with a Banana seat, a small sissy bar and a white wicker basket on the front handles. I loved that bike.
  6. The only sport I played while growing up was Softball. I played Shortstop. Every year my team, The Country Inn Donuts would lose to the team, Coca Cola. We hated those girls.
  7. The first play I was in was in Second Grade. The play was a version of Chicken Little and I was the wise lion king that told all the animals that the sky was not falling.
  8. My third grade teacher, Mrs. Brown, introduced me to some of my favorite books to this day- Charlotte’s Web, Little House in the Big Woods and North to Freedom.

  9. In the Solo and Ensemble contest in Grade School, I sang, “Zing went the Strings of my Heart” and “My Favorite Things.” I sometimes sing these when I am alone and they still make me smile.

  10. My family never calls anyone by their full given name, so many people in my family call me Rob or Robbie.

  11. My favorite bird is the Cardinal and sometimes I think the birds send messages to me.

  12. My camp name at Girl Scot Camp was Cardinal.

  13. I collect statues of Cardinals.

  14. I like the book Watership Down so much that I named my cat, Fiver, after the main character.

  15. I was so angry at being passed over for National Honor Society in High School (supposedly for not having enough extracurriculars) that I joined every club that would have me the next year and ran for and was elected to Student Council.

  16. The following year I was appointed to National Honor Society, but I never participated, hah! (I am over the trauma now, really…)

  17. The only really speaking role I had in High school plays was in The Man Who Came to Dinner. I played the eccentric scientist who brought Sheldon the present of cockroaches. Even then I was typecast.

  18. My only singing solo in a high school play was the words “Why not” in the song, Fruma Sarah, from Fiddler on the Roof. (It was awe-inspiring, I swear.)

  19. My two sisters and my brother and I do not look alike. We have even been accused of lying about being related.

  20. I worked as a waitress at Denny’s for five years during high school and college.

  21. I can still carry five dinner plates at a time, more with roll and salad plates.

  22. I remember when Denny’s served Sanka for the Decaf coffee and served Instant Ice Tea and the Grand Slam was $1.99.

  23. When I was fifteen, I volunteered at the Humane Society on in the city. We would ride the city bus there every Saturday.

  24. I also volunteered as a Candy Striper at the hospital. I worked over a year in the ICU ward where I saw my first dead body. I also got asked out by a boy who was in there for a drug overdose.

  25. My goal during all this volunteering was to become a medical doctor. I have yet to achieve this goal, but there is still time.

8 comments:

Kash said...

There IS still time (re: 25).

Stacy Quarty said...

It's time to start looking at med schools!

I loved the Little House books too and am so excited that my girls are now into watching the series on DVD. I cry almost every episode! So does Pa.

FYI- I posted my ME interview. Thanks!

Mean Mom said...

Thanks for your reply on the previous post. I've got as far as enabling the links, on my posts, but I still don't totally understand it all. I'll search, as you say.

Those questions certainly were random, but interesting! My best friend in infant school was a boy, too, to start with. We used to walk around the playground holding hands and we intended to marry each other. He lives quite close to my mother, now, with his wife and daughter, but I don't think that I've seen him for about 30 years or more.

Wonder what happenend to Joey? He sounded like fun. ;0)

Michelle O'Neil said...

So one day we'll be calling you Dr. Ab Fab Geek?

Sounds good!

Cheri and Jesse said...

Michelle, SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Don't tell Robin and I'll let you in on a little secret.......or if you search her blog it's probably already on her. But you can actually call her Dr. Reverend AbFab!

Robin said...

Now Cheri, my mom will be the first to tell you that I am not a "real" doctor. ;) Now as to Reverend AbFab, that would take an entire Blog posting to explain....

Cheri and Jesse said...

It will give you something to blog about, since your blog has been super quiet for a few days!

david mcmahon said...

Interesting that we don't see a lot of tricycles now ....