Friday, February 13, 2009

The Last Interview?

I think the MEME yet is the "interview me" meme. For this meme, you make up five questions up for that person to find out more about them. For me deciding what to ask was as much fun as being interviewed. I jumped in when I asked Donnie, The Brit to interview me.

I was then able to interview my niece, Cheri, my blogger stalker and work neighbor Catrina, My friend, Elizabeth and a new blogger, Stacy (Check out the site for her book, Frankly Pregnant, it is too funny) and a friend I could have only met in cyberspace because she lives in Africa, Kash ( I snuck in six questions to her, thanks Kash for graciously answering all of them.)

The only one that did not answer my interview questions was my sister Chris. Now I don't want to let perfectly good questions go to waste, so I have decided to use these questions to interview myself. (I believe this is the definition of egotism.) Come on Chris jump in here any time.

Welcome AbFab, and thank you for agreeing to answer some questions.

The pleasure is all mine AbFab, fire away!

Who is your favorite sister and why? Haha

Okay this is not really a fair question, but I made Cheri answer a similar one about her favorite Aunt and I received such great complements I had to fish for more. I will have to copy Cheri's response and not pick a favorite sister but instead pick my favorite thing about each sister.

Chris is my oldest sister (ten year older in fact, thanks for asking). She was so excited when my mom had another baby because she dreamed of being a mom. As I got older she even let me hang out with her and her friends and I remember going bowling etc with all the high school kids.

Linda is 18 months younger that Chris (like how I snuck in both of their ages) and in her letter to my mom while she was in the hospital giving birth to me, she wishes I was a puppy. One of my favorite memories of hanging out with Linda, is when my mom let me skip school and spend the night (I think to help out with my niece). Linda is a night owl, so we stayed up late and watched trashy TV and ate blueberry toaster strudels.


Apart from people or pets, what is your most prized possession and why?

That is a really good question, you are such a great interviewer. I do not know if it my most prized possession but I have one piece of jewelry that is special to me. It is a sterling silver pin that brought back from Germany by my great (great?) uncle and passed down to me from my dad. Also I have a jacket that I have that was my dad's, it is just a jacket from a jogging suit but I still have his clean handkerchief in the pocket that I still wear.

If you could go back to high school and do anything differently, what would it be and why?

If I could go back to high school, I would like to think that I would be more confident and would not try to hide in the background. (Yes believe it or not, in high school, I really tried not to be noticed.) When I tried out for the school musicals, I would step up and sing my heart out, maybe I still wouldn't have gotten the lead, but I would love knowing I gave it my all.


Of all the embarrassing family stories we tell about you, which one is secretly your favorite to hear?

Since I am the youngest of four, there are not really too many stories about me. I was pretty much lost in the general commotion. The only story I routinely hear is this one. I was a child that was horrible to put to bed. I screamed and I cried and made everyones' life hell until I fell asleep. One night my dad was home and had the task of putting me to bed. I tried everything to put off going to sleep. Finally I begged and begged and BEGGED for a glass of water. When my dad gave in and got it for me, I told him I did not want to drink it. So he threw it in my face. For some reason this story amuses my entire family. I guess you had to live through the evenings of my screaming to get it.

What is more important good clothes or good hair?

Ah the fluff question. I suppose any good interview needs some soft ball questions. I would have to say good hair is much more important because you wear the same hair 24/7. Clothes come and go. All right if you must know, I have no clue about clothes but I can pay someone to cut my hair, so let's go with that.


Thank you AbFab, that was an incredible interview.

Oh, anytime AbFab. It was fun.

5 comments:

Cheri and Jesse said...

I called my mom and told her about this. She said that she is going to do that today. Sorry, but the story about Grandpa throwing the water in your face still cracks me up, no matter how many times I've heard it. Maybe we have kind of a warped family, but we sure have fun!!!

Stacy Quarty said...

Thanks for the linky love!

Mean Mom said...

Did the water in the face cure you of crying when it was time for bed? I'm interested, now.

I wish I'd thought of throwing a cup of water over my 3 lads, when they almost drove me to drink, a few times, as youngsters!

Maggie May said...

The glass of water story really was a hoot.

I think you & I could have been friends at school because I also tried to disappear into the background & hated being singled out for anything!

Robin said...

Mean Mom, I am pretty sure I complained about going to bed for a long time after that. I am not sure how often my dad was in charge of bedtime after that though.

Maggie May, I may have tried to blend in in high school, but I gave that up long ago. (Look at me! Look at me!)