Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Where is AbFab Going? (the back story)

Here is the time line.

Various times in 2008

AbFab: "Someday I hope to be able to use mine and Mr. Geek's engineering knowledge to help the world."

December 2008


AbFab: "I really wish I could do something more, I feel like I am in a rut."

AbFab receives email from a student group: "We are looking for a Professional Lisensed engineer (PE) to travel with our group to Haiti to help the organization- Meds and Foods for Kids."

It wasn't really sent to me, but had been passed around and forwarded around the department finally landing in my in box.

AbFab thinks: "That seems like a really, really cool project. I would really like to help with that. I am not a PE, but I have a good friend who is and Mr. Geek is a PE. Yes, I think I can help."



Reply from Student Group in December: "Great, let's meet in January when the semster begins."

Time passes, emails are exchanged and a few meetings occur, blah, blah, blah....

Email from Student Group Last Friday: "Professor AbFab , we have purchased your ticket to Haiti."

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That rocks! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Cheri and Jesse said...

I am so excited for you, Robin! This is such a cool thing.

Catrina said...

YAY! That is SO exciting! I wish they needed professional insurance people!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

What a great "Ask and it shall be given" story!

Mean Mom said...

Fantastic news! I can hardly believe it. What a life changing experience that will be, for everyone concerned.

Becky said...

I've been secretly reading your blog lately. I know, I'm a stalker! This sounds great! You never mentioned you might be doing this. I'm so jealous! When are you going?

Robin said...

Becky, you can see from the timeline, there wasn't much time to comprehend it, much less let everyone know.

(I am so glad you delurked, are you thinking of starting your own blog?)