Friday, September 19, 2008

Where is AbFab Geek? The Story

Now you all know where I was, but no one even tried to guess why.

I spent time in Philly with not only a group of engineers, not only a group of Chemical Engineers, but it was a group of Chemical Engineering Professors. In fact it was a group of Chemical Engineering Professors who either teach safety or are in charge of bringing safety education to their students.

We had lots of presentation and cool videos like this one.



Then we took a few plant tours. This is a picture of a group of Engineering Professors putting on Safety Gear.

And here is AbFab Geek -- Safety Geek!


But it wasn't all work. Besides the cool dinner in at the Franklin Institute, I was able to see some of downtown Philly from a bus. (We even were able to visit New Jersey, when our bus driver got lost.) Here is some of the views from the bus.








And I was sent home with a lovely parting gift. (Engineers LOVE toys.)

I was able to check of a few things one my list of Things to do in Philly


Eat a Philly CheeseSteak - Check (Unfortunately it was a catered cheesesteak, but the caterer was named Mario.)


See the Liberty Bell - Check (From the tour bus)


See the statue of Rocky and run up the Art Museum steps - No, I must return to Philly.



4 comments:

Heather said...

I've been to Philadelphia twice, and both times only got to see the airport and the plant I was working at.

Bina said...

I would LOVE to see the statue of Rocky! That would have been so cool.

Jules said...

They have a Rocky stature? The bell I know. But Rocky? How cool. And how motivating - exercise-wise.
Loved you parting gift. As you know, my DH is an engineer and the kids want to be engineers. So this must explain all the "toys" (their word - mine would be something like "junk") that we have collecting in and around the house. LOL

Kathryn said...

I LOVE Safety Geek!! Also, I see why you are so passionate about safety. Thanks for letting us in on your world.