Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday Menu Plan

I am planning this week to do my own Menu Planning (using some of my many cookbooks) combined with some freezer meals from saving dinner . I will let you know how it goes.

Monday - Corn Bread Chicken with Cajun Vegetables
Tuesday - Soccer Practice. Havana Hash with Black Beans and Yellow Rice
Wednesday - Apricot Honey Chicken
Thursday - The Littlest Geek has Piano, Middle Geek has Soccer Practice. Spaghetti and meatballs in Crock Pot.
Friday - Pizza!! I found a new GFCF Mix.


What Really Happened Last Week

Monday -Labor Day - I tried to close the kitchen, but the Geeks insisted on eating anyway.

Tuesday - Soccer Practice. I made Chicken Tortilla Lasagna in the CrockPot. I didn't have a recipe so I made it up. (Think traditional lasagna with salsa instead of tomato sauce, corn tortillas instead of noodles, and chicken and beans instead of.... Okay maybe it is not like lasagna at all, but go with me.) We were out of salsa so I mixed some canned Chipolte peppers (which I did have on hand) with a can of tomato sauce. The result was a fiery meal. It was way to hot for the little Geeks and Mr. Geek and I had trouble eating it. However it seemed to mellow upon sitting in the refrigerator overnight and made awesome lunches.

Wednesday - Under the Tuscan Sun Chicken on the Grill with pasta

Thursday - The Littlest Geek has Piano, Middle Geek has Soccer Practice. Burgers on the grill.

Friday - Middle Geek started his new drum lessons and rock band. The Littlest Geek went to a friends house. I am pretty sure everyone had dinner, but I couldn't say what.

Saturday - We made pizza, it was so good we took pictures, (seriously the boys said, "Mom get a picture!"), but I can't find them. I will take more pictures on Friday.

1 comment:

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

I am so with you regarding the "coolest in the room" comments on your profile...

Sounds like a yummy week at your house!

Take care,
Steph