Monday, August 25, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Photobucket

Okay we have one more crazy week before things settle down (at least I hope so). I decided to try a different strategy this week. Mr. Geek and I spent one hour (Be amazed!) putting together ten (count 'em ten!) freezer meals. Yippee! We have real food for this week!

I used the following freezer meals from saving dinner , Chicken Volume 2 and Ground Beef Volume Two. (Still no coupon in the mail from the Dinner Diva )

Monday -Horseback Riding This is the boys last lesson. (tear)

Tuesday - Soccer Practice and Cub Scout Family Picnic - Hamburgers and Hot Dogs.

Wednesday - Summer in Vermont Chicken

Thursday - The Littlest Geek has Piano, Middle Geek has Soccer Practice, Mr Geek has Triathlon Practice. Manic Meatloaf in the Crockpot.

Friday - Red River Chicken

Saturday - Cross Rock!!!

What Really Happened Last Week

Monday - Beef Fajitas. Yummy!

Tuesday - Horseback riding (McDonalds for the younger boys and College Geek and I went to Red Lobster where I ate Coconut Shrimp, mmmmm)

Wednesday - Baseball Game (Sandwiches from Subway and Nachos at the Game) Middle Geek's school band played God Bless America, it was very cool.

Thursday- The Littlest Geek has Piano, Soccer Practice and Triathlon Practice were canceled because of rain. I ate pizza at girls night out. The family ate ???

Friday - Chinese Take out and Spaghetti and Meatballs (I do realize how weird of a combo this is.)

Saturday - Mr. Geek took College Geek back to school. The Littlest Geek and I had left overs.

Sunday - Grilled Meat (What ever we could find in the freezer)

4 comments:

Heather said...

I've always wanted to spend the weekend cooking and then freeze the meals to eat for the week. But, I can't ever get motivated on the weekends to do it.

racer x said...

all this geek stuff, I hope it isn't hereditary
Mr Geeks brother

Robin said...

Heather - Pick an easy plan like the five chicken meals. Once you get used to being able to pull dinner out of your freezer, you will never go back.

Racer X - Trust me, the geek stuff is completely hereditary. Sorry.

Jules said...

Okay. So what is "Summer in Vermont Chicken"?