Sunday, August 10, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



Photobucket



Monday - Cherry Tomato Tilapia.


Tuesday - Horseback riding


Wednesday - Oranged Tofu StirFry.


Thursday- BBQ Meatloaf , the Littlest Geek has Piano.


Friday - Healthy Bok Choy Noodles and Skillet Turkey with Browned Onions (I am using the Heart Heathy Menu this week from Saving Dinner (except for the meatloaf which is from a freezer menu) and sometimes I know these recipes are too light for the boys in this house. I am making two "dinners" using the recipe for inspiration and then improvising. I wonder what the results will be?


Weekend - Fiesta Artichoke Chicken



What Really Happened Last Week



Monday - Rescheduled Swim Party - I thought there would be hot dogs for the kids, but instead they had pizza. I had given the boys a snack before hand but ended up going back home to get hot dogs. We had Grilled Portobella Mushrooms with cheese on buns. Note: Use the large portobella mushrooms if you try this because the mushrooms will shrink a bit and not cover the entire bun. (They were deliscious)


Tuesday - Horseback Riding for the boys they ate McDonalds. I ate scrambled eggs with sun dried tomatoes.

Wednesday - We had to pick up Middle Geek's school schedule, it was not the nightmare that last year's was and we were finished in 45 minutes (this included finding the locker and practising the combination). Kickin' Dirty Rice - This was yummy, however I used Zatarain's Creole Seasoning, and while I like the flavor it is a bit salty for me. Does anyone have a recipe for Creole/ Cajun seasoning or another brand that you like?


Thursday - Middle geek had his first visit with his new reading tutor and the Littlest Geek started Piano again making it a good night for a crock pot meal. Chicken with Orange Couscous - Somehow when I went to make this I was short some ingredients (SavingDinner gives a shopping list that I must have misread) and I was out of Quinoa. I attempted to throw together something inspired by the name and it was just okay, so I will not be sharing that recipe.


Friday - Buffalo Chicken Wraps - Best meal of the week. Since I also created my own recipe inspired by the title, I think I can share this very simple recipe.

Two chicken breasts cut into strips.

Put the chicken in a ziplock bag with 1/4 cup rice flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt and shake to coat.

Pan fry in canola oil in small batches so tha the chicken gets crispy. (Be sure to shake excess flour from chicken before frying.)

Pour several tablespoon of hot sauce over the top of the chicken and lightly toss to coat.

Serve with tomatoes and lettuce on a wrap or on a plate. (For those not GFCF, I made a Blue Cheese/ Sour Cream sauce.)

I server this with potato salad and cole slaw.

Saturday - We went to Six Flags (story in itself).

Saturday - Southern Stir Fry-- Another big hit this week. Look at the picture, doesn't that look summery and delisious. I made it with smoked chicken from our local grocery story.


Sunday - Mr. Geek's night to cook. We had Ribs and asparagus on the grill. Yum.

1 comment:

Bina said...

You got me at Horse Back Riding!

I want to go so bad! I've only been two or three times since I sold my horse and I miss it so much!

Girl, how do you plan your menu for a whole week? I mean, I plan what we are going to eat, but not very any specific day. I get home and think, "What am I going to make tonight" and take it from there!