Monday, August 18, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Photobucket

This week is going to be a crazy week (even by Geek household standards) so we are going to eat quick food and family favorites. If you have any suggestions, please leave some comments.

My subscription to saving dinner has run out and I am deciding if I should renew it or make some freezer meals. (Hey Dinner Diva - Send me a coupon!)

Monday - Beef Fajitas.

Tuesday - Horseback riding OR Soccer Practice and Cub Scout Family Picnic - Hamburgers and Hot Dogs.

Wednesday - Baseball Game (Sandwiches from Subway and Nachos)

Thursday- The Littlest Geek has Piano, Middle Geek has Soccer Practice, Mr Geek has Triathlon Practice. Meatballs in the crockpot.


Friday - Chicken Wings and Pizza

Weekend - ??



What Really Happened Last Week

Monday - Tilipia (Salmon for the Middle Geek) in foil packets. (The boys love fish, too bad it is not my favorite.)

Tuesday - Orange Tofu StirFry I learned from the crockpot lady how to make crispy tofu. After you cut the tofu into pieces, shake the tofu into cornstarch. Pan fry in oil, being careful (this is the trick) to allow the pieces to brown before you turn them - just be patient. It was so good. However the littler boys were insulted that there was no meat - "We are NOT vegetarians, we eat chicken!"



Wednesday - Horseback Riding for the boys they ate McDonalds. I ate junk.

Thursday - Middle geek had his first soccer practice and the Littlest Geek had Piano, Mr Geek has his next triathlon as a shadow with DASA , this made it a good night for a crock pot meal. I made BBQ Meatloaf in the crockpot and everyone ate whenever they walked in. That worked really well and the leftovers made a good lunch.

Friday - Rib Eye Steaks from CostCo. These are the best steaks ever!

Saturday - Healthy Bok Choy Noodles and Turkey Sausage - I made the Chinese inspired noodles with Thin Rice noodles, napa cabbage, fennel, and red pepper (from my garden).

Sunday - Mr. Geek and I had "Date Night" while College Geek was still home to get his brothers to bed. (He goes back to college next week.)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Looks like a good plan. Hope you enjoy the week!