Here is a headline appropriate for the day.
University of Central Florida students freak out when they go tech free
University of Central Florida students freak out when they go tech free
For one week — five days — a class of college students was assigned to unplug and live a tech-free life.
The Rules
No cell phones, iPods, portable CD players, text messaging, e-mail, computers, TVs, DVDs, video games.
The Exceptions
Computers and cell phones could be used for work and school. Land-line phones and radios were OK, too.
So how do you think you would do? Would you even try?
2 comments:
I would, I would! Pick me! Pick me!
I think it is probably the most important thing to do lest technology gobble up our serenity.
We have to unplug. I email and blog - but I barely watch tv, I use my cell for emergency only. When the computer is turned off, I let out a deep sigh...
I want - no, CRAVE sanctuary. The world runs over us - it's over-use, I think.
that sounds scary.
Post a Comment