Monday, April 21, 2008

The Lock In

The Geek Family had a busy weekend once again. The highlight was the Lock-in on Friday night.

First let me introduce our youth director. I tried to get a clearer shot, but this is how he moved all night long (for twelve hours). I guess that is why he can keep up with the youth (or even outlast them).




The theme was EXTREME LOCK-IN.


This was extreme sculpting. Can you guess what each of these represent?




We also had a Nerf Dart War (starting at 3 am). I am not sure if the action was moving that fast or if my eyes could no longer focus.



About 5 am, my son gave out.


It was alot of fun and let me say, "I think I am still exhausted!"

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like fun. I'm not sure about the second one. The first one looks like an alien trying to knock over the Empire State Building.

Maggie May said...

The photos look like aliens. Seemed to be fun!
Earthquake was not so good in your last post.

Bina said...

I'm not sure I could ever do lock in. I guess if the lights were on, there was a lot of noise, and things to do, maybe I could. But for me, once 9:00 PM rolls around my body knows it's time to sleep, and I CAN'T sleep during the day. So yea, I can see why you are still exhausted, but I'm sure everyone had a blast!

Tanya said...

So what were the kids trying to make?

Robin said...

The picture on the left was Godzilla (note the buildings knocked down). The one on the right was Mickey Mouse without ears. After this picture the team realized they would have to adjust their thinking. The new sculpture had Mickey lying on his back. Too bad I missed that picture, it was really good.