Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dinner at the Geek House

I had a birthday this week and I am feeling a bit old. They say to keep your brain sharp you should practice mental games. So today I am going to see if I can remember the last thirteen things I had for dinner.

Last night - I had jello, homemade jello with sour cherry juice. yum (Okay, my mom took me out for a huge lunch and I ate so much I wasn't hungry until nine o'clock.)

Tuesday - A big ice cream sundae with butterscotch, hot fudge, whipped cream, cashews and a Cherry on top. Shut up it was my birthday. The family had beefy stew.

Monday - Enchilada Casserole con Crock Cooker

Sunday - (oh man this could be embarrassing, it was just me and my youngest at home all weekend do I really want to admit how much junk I ate.) Okay honesty it is. I was cutting up some steak for a freezer meal for later this week and kept some out. I fried it up and ate it with some cream cheese wontons I "accidentally" bought in the grocery store. The steak was yummy, the wontons were icky.

Saturday - I was a bit better. I took some lettuce from my garden and made a chef salad with left over cooked chicken etc.

Friday - Pizza. I bought some premade dough at Trader Joes. The youngest had his GFCF pizza.

Thursday - Dijon Chicken

Wednesday - Beefy Bean Burritos

Tuesday - Chicken Pollo Loco

Monday - Pepper Steak

Sunday - Mother's Day! I had pork steaks (a St. Louis tradition) and all the fixin's, yummy.

Saturday...... I think grilled chicken?

Friday.... Pizza and chicken wing night for the boys, and I ate ....

I guess I might as well admit it - I am old. (((((sob)))))

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Happy Birthday to you! May I suggest jigsaw puzzles! My Dad is 91 and still does the crossword puzzles.

At this point in your life you can eat any damn thing you want - and you redeemed yourself with a salad; a nice touch!

You still look mahvelous.

Heather said...

Happy belated birthday! I could probably make it back two or three days, but my meals are completely unmemorable. Like last night I had a bowl of Grape Nuts.

Maggie May said...

Everyone seems to have May birthdays. Just celebrated mine. You have wonderful menus! Can only go back a few days.

Cheri and Jesse said...

First and foremost Happy Birthday. I posted it the other day, or should I say I thought I posted a comment on your blog.

Anyway, I wish that we could have the Tuesday night dinner at least once a week. I'd be down with it!!!

I posted some GREAT pics of you, Linda, my mom and Grandma.

Hope you have a great weekend? (Hey, aren't you supposed to be in Chicago??)

Robin said...

Kathryn - Thank you thank you thank you (I live for compliments.)

Heather - Grape nuts huh? We should totally have dinner together, cereal and ice cream, yum.

Maggie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I always knew the BEST people are born in may.

Cheri - It was my hope and dream to make it to AutismOne in Chicago, but I just couldn't swing it. Next year I hope.

Jules said...

Well. first
*H*A*P*P*Y* *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!!!!!

And there is NO way that you are old. It's a state of mind and if you can remember what you ate all back through the week...... your mind is that of a teenager.

My kids know that I am permanently 28 going on 29. And my mother? She's only 23. :)

State of mind.

Oh, and I have to add that after the post you did about all your lovely plants....... Costco had this bowl of herbs..... and I succumbed. I now have potted tomatoes, potted parsley, potted peppers and potted herbs. See? I'm not old. I can remember everything......... I think.