This is what I plan to grow.
1. Oregano - This is a hardy perennial that I don't think I could kill if I tried. (My kind of plant!)
2. Sage - This also came back this year. It doesn't always and with all the snow this winter it was a nice surprise.
3. Basil - My favorite herb of all time. Trust me once you have eaten fresh basil you will crave it in your pasta sauce, on your pizza, in a salad. yum
4. Rosemary - My second favorite herb. In the summer I love to cook a whole chicken with rosemary on the grill. MMmmm, add some grilled new potatoes and asparagus, maybe corn on the cob and .... I just need a moment....
5. Thyme - Good in the baked chicken and soups.
6. Marjoram - We have GREAT pasta sauce all summer.
7. Thai Basil - All basil is not the same. I grew this for the first time last summer and enjoyed this in curry.
8. Cilantro - A controversial herb in the Geek house. I love it, Mr Geek hates it.
9. Chamomile - Not only does this make good tea, but it have pretty white flowers
10. Lavender - Sometime I grow plants just because I like to. I have never used lavender for anything, but I like having the option.
11. Parsley - Two reason - First I love fresh parsley, but even better Swallowtail butterfly caterpillars love parsley. Each year we try to capture one of these caterpillars and watch it turn into a butterfly right in out kitchen. (I'll take pictures.)
That leaves two opening for impulse buys at the store. I will fill them in when I decide.