Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Safety Violation - Wordless Wednesday - UPDATE

Time for another geeky post...

I was visiting a local grocery store where there was some outside construction going on. This is what I saw. Can you spot the safety violation?



Anyone see a problem yet? Take a guess in the comments.



Sorry it took me so long to get back.


Here is a close up. A lot of you have really good eyes.


My first thought was - Why would someone hang their coat in the middle of the parking lot?

Then I realized what the coat was covering up. Safety cones are orange and reflective so that they are easy to see and avoid and so you are aware of the things or people that they are guarding. In this case the cones mark a work area for the men working on the new sidewalk. Now the cone has become a hazard itself. Oh and the men working there behind the "protective cones", whoops.

Extra credit for Cheri that forsaw the possible bloodshed from having only one door open on "Coupon Thursday". I am just glad I didn't have to witness the carnage.

6 comments:

Jerri junque said...

Maybe the shirt is covering a CAUTION sign.

Nissa said...

Yeah- howabout the shirt over the cone? I really don't think it's good to block off the entrance/exit to a store, either. I sure hope there is another! lol

Happy WW!

Bina said...

Is that a safety cone with someone's shirt hanging on it????

One day I saw a cable guy, on a ladder, stretching WAY over to his left, and I swear I don't know how he kept from falling off. I mean, the ladder was leaning ON the CABLE! I tried to get a picture but the traffic starting moving again.

Cheri and Jesse said...

Could it be that tomorrow is "coupon Thursday" at Shop n Save and they are down to one entrance?? I am not a geek, but I guess I'm a dork........I thought that was a kid walking with a shirt on their head.

Cheri and Jesse said...

So what's the answer??

Rob said...

Are you trying to tell me that a mini-van in close proximity to shopping carts is NOT a safety hazard? ;)