Monday, January 7, 2008

Date Night

Today is my (and my husband's) 24th Anniversary. Yeah us!

The last two weekends we have had a child-free night, so we have done something we haven't done in a long time...No besides that. We rented R-rated movies on DVD. Not inspiring movies like Saving Private Ryan or such. No, pure trash Adult Comedies. Here is a short review of the two.

Review of Knocked Up and Superbad (I told you they were trashy)

Okay they were both kind of cute if not hysterically funny. Superbad had some genuine laugh out loud moments with the two clueless policemen (they reminded me of some cops I knew when I worked at Denny's years ago). Superbad actually had some sweet moments and not a bad moral story (Evan refused to have sex with the cute girl while she was drunk). Knocked Up relied too much on gross humor of which I am not a fan, but I don't believe I am the target audience.

Bottom Line: Worth every penny of the dollar we spent renting each one. Thank you RedBox.

No comments: