Help! Mr. Geek and I are planning a trip to New York City for our anniversary. I have wanted to go to New York all of my life so this will be a dream come true. I want to make sure I get in as many "don't miss" things as possible.
Details: We will be there in January after the New Year's celebration.
We are big fans of the Food Network and Bravo TV (Top Chef, Project Runway).
So far I am thinking:
1. Eat at Perilla . This is Harold's restaurant, winner of Top Chef.
2. Eat at Crave . This is Dave Martin's restaurant, also from Top Chef.
3. Eat a hot dog from a cart. This might be a cliche touristy thing to do, what can I say, I am a tourist. Any tips on how to spot a good hot dog cart? Please?
4. Eat some real New York style Pizza.
I am sure there is some more food I don't want to miss.
5. See a Broadway Show
6. See an off-Broadway Show
7. See an off-off Broadway show
8. See Times Square
9. See Central Park. Mr. Geek wants to jog thru Central Park.
10. See some "only in New York" museum ??????
And because I am really a dork.....
11. Go to some local markets to look for cheese etc.
Okay I am leaving these open for suggestions. I know there are some really good ones out there.