Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

The way I understant TT is it can be any Thirteen Random things, my choice.

So

The last Thirteen Books I have read (not necessarily finished) or listened to on tape:


1. Ms. Todd is Odd by Dan Gutman

My son and I are reading the entire, My Crazy School series.





2. Divided in death by J.D Robb (Nora Roberts) on tape. Okay the whole Eve Dallas series is predictable, but when I am driving, I kinda like that and the series and grown strangly addicting.







3. Sleeping with Fear by Katy Hooper on tape. I was afraid this one was going to be too gory for me (I am more of a mystery fan than horror) but it was really interesting.






4. Hazardous Duty by Christy Barritt This was a genre I did not know existed, Christian Mystery. It was well written and fast paced.







5. Lisey's Story by Stephen King My recent attempt to try to read Stephen King again based on the recommendation of a Blog Friend. I gave up Stephen King after Salem's Lot (which I loved) gave me nightmares.





6. Holy Cow by Sarah Macdonald This has been my favortite book I have read in a long time. I have been recomending it to everyone. It is part tour guide of India and part spiritual journey. It gives lots and lots of details about life in India, a country that has always fasinated me. The author's descriptions are so detailed at times I think I could smell the surroundings with her.



7. Purity in Death by J.D. Robb I told you this series has become strangely addicting.






8. Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovitch. I love love LOVE this series. These books make me laugh out loud.






9. T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton. I have always loved the alphabit murder series, but I have to admit about letter N, the author seemed a bit bored. This book was back in form and I liked it alot.





10. Jim and Casper Go to Church by Jim Henderson, Matt Casper, and George Barna. A pastor and an atheist visit churches all over the US and discuss them frankly. What's not to love?






11. Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism: A Bishop Rethinks the Meaning of Scripture by John Shelby Spong. This man was able to put into words (and a book) some compelling reasons, all Biblically based, why the Bible cannot be taken literally.




Okay rounding out the thirteen are the next two books I haven't read yet but on my list to read for two book club discussions.

12. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It is waiting at the Library for me.







13. A New Earth: Awakening to your life's purpose by Eckhard Tolle. The Oprah book.




5 comments:

Jenny said...

Great list of books! A New Earth is on my 'to read' list too!

Alice Audrey said...

I love J.D.Robb. I like her J.D. Robb books better than her Nora books.

Happy Mama to Three said...

I could eat sleep and read books. Just love them. Great TT. Sue Grafton is one of my friend's Mama. Interesting to see someone with her on their reading list.

Cindi
My tt is up and running

MondaythroughSunday said...

Love books!

Tanya said...

This is a good idea.

Remind me that I want to copy you next Thursday.

Isn't Imitation the highest form of flattery?