Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Take5 Tuesday

5 things on your tree, (if you’ve put one up yet.)

1. Lights - flashing, I lost this argument or maybe since I didn't help decorate I lost my vote.
2. A victorian angel on the top.
3. An ornament from when there were only four in the family - I think we need a new family ornament.
4. A beautiful tree skirt made by my Mother-in-Law. (I know it is not technically ON the tree.)
5. Various personalized ornaments - my favorite kind.


5 of your Christmas traditions

1. Go to Christmas Eve Church Service
2. Wake up early and open presents
3. Meet the rest of the family and have brunch and open gifts. All the kids open first - mass chaos, then the adults open theirs one at a time starting from youngest to oldest.
4. We play a Christmas game and drink wine while the prime rib cooks. We have played Cranium, Apples to Apples, this year the game is Partini - I hope it's fun.
5. Before dinner, we take turns (from youngest to oldest again) saying what we are thankful for. The youngest usually mentions their favorite Christmas present, somebody always mentions that they are thankful we will get to eat soon, lol.

3 comments:

Damama T said...

Fun traditions.

Merry Christmas, you Absolutely Fabulous Geeky Godess! I hope your day was filled with loads of joy, tons of love, and millions of memories.

Hugs!

Cheri and Jesse said...

And you forgot to mention that one of the things that Grandma ALWAYS says is "I'm happy the roast is done!"

Kathryn said...

Beautiful. Tradition means so much.