Thursday, April 22, 2010

What is this Engineers Without Borders?

For over a year (since my first trip to Haiti) I have been involved with the group Engineers Without Borders. I have never been quiet about my enjoyment about all (well most) thing engineering. I truly think that engineers can make a big difference in the world and there are several organizations that are forming for that purpose.

One of these groups is Engineers Without Borders. It was formed in 2000 by a man in Colorado and this video gives the background.

When you think of how lives can be changed by simple tools of engineering such as water delivery, I believe that engineers morally obligated to move out of our comfort zones and from behind our computers.

2 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

"When you think of how lives can be changed by simple tools of engineering such as water delivery, I believe that engineers morally obligated to move out of our comfort zones and from behind our computers."

Love the way you think/operate.

Kathryn said...

Okay, I agree with Carrie. You just rock. Thank you. I wish the whole world felt this way.