Monday, April 19, 2010

The Geek Familiy's Life List

Our church is beginning a sermon series based on the MTV show - My Buried Life. This led to an interesting dinner conversation where we all started our Life List. (College Geek is at college, so I will have to add his later.)


AbFab's List

Sing in a Gospel Choir
Be interviewed by Stephen Colbert
Go on a Safari in Kenya
Visit Kibeho in Rwanda
Write a book




Mr. Geek's List

Ride a bike from St. Louis to Chicago
Ride across the United States by bike
Ride across Europe on bike
Invent something
Be a grandpa
See the Tour de France
Race an Iron man

Middle Geek's List

Visit Japan
Ride the fastest roller coaster in the world
Become a professional drummer
Go to Disney World
Ride a bike from St. Louis to Chicago
Learn how to do a back flip on the ground
Stay home alone for an entire day

Littlest Geek's List

Get married
Work at the Pokemon Center in Japan
Go to Disney World
Go on a walk alone far from home


4 comments:

fullsoulahead.com said...

What great lists! I love yours in particular. I love Colbert.

Elizabeth said...

I love Middle's list, especially "stay home alone for an entire day." It's funny how age has changed my perspective. I remember when I used to think like him and want so badly to be independent! Reading that wish of his is a reminder to me to look at my life's burdens as blessings instead! I'm LUCKY that I'm a grown up and can stay home alone!

Of course, I have the same wish as Middle. I would love to be home alone myself, without the kids! Ha, ha!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

I do love me a good list, and you gave me FOUR great lists! Mr. Geek? Um? It's not about the bike.

Rojo's greatest wish is to be a stay-at-home dad. From his lips...

shepkh said...

Carrie - Your right, its not about the bike its agout the journey. Its like riding a horse. Riding the bike is the best way to see the country.

Mr. Geek