Last Ten for Tuesday was to list 10 Ways the World Has Changed Since You’ve Been in School. I couldn't think of ten, but I thought of one change - Caller ID-- that has allowed be to have this conversation, over and over.
Me: (Coming home after being gone) Did anybody call?
Boy: (It doesn't matter which boy) No
Me: Did the phone ring at all?
Boy: No
Me: (Scrolling through the CallerID) When Grandma called at 7:00, what did she want?
Boy: She said to call her back when you got home.
Me: Oh, Thank you for giving me the message.
Added:
Another strange occurrence made possible by CallerID.
I scrolled down the numbers and saw that Time and Temperature had called. You know Time and Temperature-- "At the tone the time will be ....." When did they start calling people? Is this some sort of service that I signed up for? You know, please call me every Tuesday at 10:00 am. Or maybe, please call me every time the temperature is exactly 92 degrees.
I of course asked the boys, "When Time and Temperature called, what did they say?" The answer---I dunno.
3 comments:
"Anybody" = A member of my social circle between the ages of 8 and 18.
But translating "ring" to fit the case is rather more difficult.
Really? Time and Temperature called?? I forgot that even existed!
"Time and Temp" called you? How come I never get nifty calls like this. You must have friend in high places, girlfriend.
Post a Comment