Sunday, May 23, 2010

Summer Trip 2 - Mexico


My second planned trip for the summer is in July and I am going to Mexico.

My church has traveled to Mexico every summer to build houses. Last summer was the first time that I went with them.

The exciting difference this year -- I am taking the Middle Geek!!!

This is bound to be a time for growth for both of us. I am so excited for the Middle Geek to get out of his small suburban life and see some of the wonders and wondrous people that are out there.

I am also glad that he and I will have this week during the summer before he enters High School to spend time side by side.

To raise money for this trip, I organized - with tremendous help of family and friends - an EPIC Garage Sale*. (*quote by Middle Geek) It was lots of work but in two days of sales we raised almost 800 dollars.

This is going to be quite the summer.

2 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

So cool for you and Middle Geek!

Tabitha Bird said...

Hey Robin. Thanks for jumping over to my blog :)

I couldn't find where to follow you. Have you got that button on your blog or did I miss it.

Oh and by the way, I think an impromptu Yoga session would be fantastic :)