Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Desserts

Easter treats are not just for the kids or for the Easter Baskets.

My niece Cheri and I were in charge of desserts this Easter.


I made brownies in the shape of a bunny. Isn't he cute. The kids had eaten so much candy by then, they weren't even hungry for more sweets. We took most of it home for school lunches.



I LOVE cheesecake, but I have a rule, I can only make cheesecake if there will be a large enough crowd to eat it mostly gone. Cheesecake leftovers are DEADLY, because I will eat a piece of cheesecake every time I enter the kitchen.









Cheri decided to compete with my awesome desserts by bringing the following trifle.

As if that wasn't enough, she topped it with Chocolate Covered Strawberries!!!



Some contests are just not fair.





I will leave you with some eggs decorated by the Middle Geek. The first is a bribe and the second is his biggest wish!!



3 comments:

Cheri and Jesse said...

Ok, ok, so my trifle was the winner and I won't even begin to gloat.......YEAH ME! Sorry, just had to get that out. Anyway, send me the recipe for your cheesecake. Need it for two reasons. One, it is the BEST I've ever had. Two, it HAS to go in the family cookbook!!!

Mean Mom said...

What a mouth watering post! The bunny is very impressive and strawberries covered in chocolate are divine. My husband's nephew made some for us a couple of weeks ago.

Bina said...

I love that Easter Bunny. What a great idea!!!!