Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Linda!!

Today is my second big Sister's Birthday!!!



(This is probably the time that my family is wondering about the wisdom of letting me take all of our Grandma's pictures to my house.

It is good to be the baby of the family.)



This is my sister in grade school. The thing that everyone remembers about her at this age (honestly, even people who have not seen her for years and years) is how fast of a runner she was. I remember at my Mom (or Dad)'s work picnic that she would blow past the entire field and ALWAYS won a ribbon. (As a matter of fact, no, I never won any ribbon, even though I tried so very hard to jump in that sack, but it's okay I am over that now, thanks for asking.)




This is my sister is high school. Do you see that beautiful shiny straight hair? It took hours to achieve and she slept with metal orange juice cans in her hair for years - If you roll wavy hair around big enough rollers it will straighten the waves out, or so I have been told, you would never see me trying to sleep with my hair rolled up in orange juice cans (yes I realize you can tell that by looking at pictures of me during that time -- leave me alone already.)







Happy Birthday Linda!! We always have alot of fun together! (Don't worry I still have more embarrassing stories for your next birthday. heh heh heh)



8 comments:

Cheri and Jesse said...

Happy Birthday, Linda. Robin, she is so going to kill you for that last picture!!!!!!

Kathryn said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful sister. And, thank you for remembering juice cans. My sisters also did that (I am, too, the baby of my family!!) Those were also the day of the white frosty lipstick and nails. eewww

Elizabeth said...

Man, she is SERIOUS about blowing out all those candles! :)

chris said...

Looking at the wind in her cheeks, I think we could have put all 55 candles on her cake last night & I really think she would have blown them all out. Ha Ha

Mean Mom said...

You're still upset about not winning a ribbon, aren't you? You can't fool me.

Great pictures!

Damama T said...

Happy belated birthday, Linda. You had that Susan Day look going on in high school, did'ncha... I would have totally hated you! ;o)

Robin - you better be careful on your next birthday. Paybacks and all, ya know. LOL!

Damama T said...

oops.. meant Susan DEY. Sorry. The pictures that come up for DAY are not at all what I was thinking! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday MOM! I'll have to make sure that you see this. Thanks Robin, this is great! Angie